Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gorgeous new rugs in, and more on the way!



In consideration of the current business climate, I am thrilled that in the last few months I have sold quite a few rugs.

As of yesterday, I just spent my last dime (a bit of hyperbole here) to get more Persian rugs into my gallery, before the new Persian rug embargo really hits, one and all. Yesterday was the last day for the wholesalers to get their rugs off the docks. It is over now...so here we go.

Yes, I am currently taking good quality Persian rugs, into my gallery on consignment, but I am fussy, so if you have something, please send me detailed photos, including the back of the rug, the size, age, condition, and any info you have on the piece and your expected price. I am particularly interested in antique rugs from Iran, and antique Oriental Rug trappings such as camel bags, saddlebags, or any such items, nomadic tribal weavers would create! I always answer emails and actually wrote an article on my web site, for those that are interested in selling their rug themselves, entitled, "How to Sell Your Oriental or Persian Rug". You can find it on my articles page.

New rugs in yesterday, more coming tomorrow. These recent pieces are from Afghanistan, fair trade, no child labor and beautiful. The Persian rugs en route, same.

Keep your eye on my site. Whenever I add new rugs, they are always at the bottom of the galleries and normally in the first few galleries on page one.

Here's one pretty piece for your viewing pleasure.
This is an 8 x 10 Heriz rug woven in Afghanistan. Good dyes, good wool, beautiful colors and design. Proud to have this one! Always available for questions: 707-823-3355
Penny Krieger, owner
Paradise Oriental Rugs,Inc.
137 No. Main St.
Sebastopol, CA 95472
www.paradiseorientalrugs.com