Thursday, July 2, 2009

My new favorite rug! World class Persian Bijar!





Have a look at this beauty. This is a 6 x 8.3 Persian Bijar. Woven in Iran by Kurdish weavers with excellent wool dyed and vegetable (plant based) dyes.

It just came in yesterday and when I opened it, I was truly mesmerized. It's obvious that I'm in love with the rugs I sell but this Bijar has the true magic. The colors are so harmonious and the weaving so impeccable that I would say with confidence that this is one of the best rugs I have ever seen.

The drawing (this is the design outline) is calming yet interesting and although
the basic layout is a geometric rendition of the pendant medallion design, little flowers are subtly worked into the background and secretly appear as you continue to study the piece. The yellow at the edge of the field (area inside the border) is just amazing. Not too bright, not too muddy, not too soft...just exactly right. In the detailed border design, the light blue accents give just the right touch of a sparkle. And then there is the deep green in tiny increments throughout the piece.
I believe this rug is spectacular. Look it over carefully and each time, you will notice something else, you missed at first glance. A perfect rug continues to fascinate, endlessly.
www.paradiseorientalrugs.com/