Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beautiful 8 x 11 Navy Persian Tribal Rug in Living Color!

Although the Persian rug embargo has been ongoing for almost two years I recently aquired this lovely jewel of a rug for my gallery.  I did a brief video of it for my You Tube channel and I am posting it here as I believe it is special and merrits attention.  The design is based on antique Mughul carpets.  The rug was woven in Iran in a village workshop.  Dyes are plant based and the wool is hand spun.  The body of the rug is almost Bijar-like and for a tribal piece, finely woven.  Here's the video which shows a bit more detail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T9Un_pEhcA






My gallery is in Sebastopol, CA, one hour north of San Franciso but we do ship rugs all over the US.  Questions are always welcome.  Contact info is on my site.  Thanks for stopping in!  Penny