Friday, April 2, 2010

New Jeweler in Sebastopol! My new neighbor!


Well, well...what's happening in Sebastopol?
Out with old, in with the new.
David Allen Designs
It was a sad story...when I first moved in to my Sebastopol location, almost 4 years ago. On day three, I realized that my neighbor, the local jeweler, was not the nicest person to have as a neighbor. Within a period of two weeks, I asked this individual to please, never speak to me again. Being a friendly person, this was highly unusual but required for my sanity.

Three years passed and I had no further problems with this socially challenged, negative person. Six months ago I got the good news from my landlord that my neighbor's lease would be expiring at some point in the not to distant future. I looked forward to this time.

Fast forward to November, 2009. He left and the new tenant, also a jeweler, arrived to take possession of the location and start his renovations. His former location was in the town of Guerneville and I had actually heard about this jeweler a few times. Word on the street was that he did beautiful work and was a sweet person. A winning combination in my book!

Well, we met...and it was a great day! What a lovely guy and he was renovating the space from the ground up. It took a while but the outcome was worth it. Gorgeous storefront filled with unique and aesthetically dynamic pieces!
http://davidallendesigns.com/
I now have a wonderful neighbor AND he creates beautiful jewelry!
He makes the majority of his pieces himself and I am thrilled to have this artist on my street, and right next door to my Oriental Rug Gallery.

I took a few photos yesterday and posted one above. If you're a jewelry hound it would be worth your time to come by and have a look-see. His name is David Allen, his business name is David Allen Designs.

Yes, I am a rug dealer, but I like to promote and support local businesses and ethical business owners that are doing what they do because that is what they were born to do!

His shop is at:
David Allen Designs
139 North Main St. in downtown
Sebastopol, CA

Right next door to mine, which is of course, Paradise Oriental Rugs, Inc.